Account Manager (Digital Media) — The Aber Group
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Posted On||Interested?||Account Manager (Digital Media)||Full Time||The Aber Group||Toronto, ON||Aug 23, 2021||Apply Now|
Digital advertising careers at The Aber Group start with smart, committed and enthusiastic team players. So if you love to learn, can delight clients, thrive in an Internet-paced organization, and are looking to help run the agency when you are ready — you will fit right in!
Our people, ideas and approach lead the industry by continually delivering SMARTER INTERNET MARKETING strategies for our clients. We use pay-per-click search engine marketing, digital media and a broad range of video, social, mobile and online direct response tactics to exceed our blue chip financial, tourism, not-for-profit, entertainment and government clients’ expectations.
These exciting, entrepreneurial digital advertising careers are responsible for conceiving, developing, managing & optimizing online direct response campaigns and strategies. We need people who can delight clients consistently, manage digital advertising campaigns so they achieve direct response goals, spot new business opportunities, and deliver programs through to completion, on time and on budget.
The major differences between the positions below are responsibility levels, decision-making autonomy and number of staff you manage, all based on your online advertising and/or search engine marketing experience and your demonstrated ability to manage projects, clients and staff expertly.
In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefits package, a fun, relaxed work environment and the rare opportunity to advance quickly solely based on your ability.
The Aber Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Client & Campaign Management
- Exceeding client expectations by flawlessly planning and executing digital media and search engine marketing campaigns
- Growing billings from existing clients through effective and thorough account management
- Managing day-to-day operations of campaigns and accounts including meeting spend and CPA targets
- Managing day-to-day client interactions as it pertains to operations, optimizations and strategy
- Taking ownership and management of projects from initial client briefing to final project debriefing and wrap-up
- Recommending practical and sound campaign strategies to Account Directors for approval
- Being an internal advocate for the client
- Executing other duties as required
- Being an integral part of the supervisory team with responsibilities for developing company culture, participating in the development of Aber Group strategy and best practices, and assuming various general management responsibilities from time to time.
- Making hiring decisions for Interns
- Managing direct staff across a number of facets including
- Proper execution of campaigns & reports
- Identifying knowledge gaps and internal growth opportunities, and communicating educational needs to senior management
- Being an advocate for direct staff to senior management
- Making hiring recommendations for Account Strategist & Specialist, in conjunction with Account Directors and other senior management
- Pro-actively seeking out new information and research about digital advertising & search engine marketing techniques and business best practices, sharing them with Aber Group managers and determining how these trends affect or can improve operations and results
- Promoting and advocating for The Aber Group to the industry at large, including representing The Aber Group within various industry councils, committees, etc.
- Achieving Google Partner level certification within the initial 6 months of employment and maintaining your certifications in good standing throughout your tenure
Essential Skills & Experience
The ideal Account Manager must have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience actively managing digital marketing campaigns, developing tactical recommendations to improve performance, with a specialization in any of the following digital ad channels
- Paid Search
- Display/Programmatic Media Buying
- Digital Audio
- Digital Out of Home
- Connected TV or digital video ad buying
- Great people management skills
- Strong understanding of digital marketing platforms to discover client campaign opportunities
- Strong client management and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to explain complex subjects in a manner that non-users may easily understand
- An entrepreneurial streak that makes them comfortable in a “just get it done” environment
- Innate curiosity to explore how digital marketing can uniquely solve a client challenge
- Great judgement to know when a situation needs escalation, or they can solve within the team
- Appreciation for time sensitive tasks so they meet deadlines or are early