Senior Ad Product and Technology Specialist (Revenue) — The Globe and Mail
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Posted On||Interested?||Senior Ad Product and Technology Specialist (Revenue)||Full Time||The Globe and Mail||Toronto||Jan 14, 2022||Apply Now|
Senior ad product and technology specialist (REVENUE)
POSITION CODE: Job Req #21
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Being part of The Globe and Mail team requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to innovate in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving environment. Demonstrating these characteristics in the workplace every day is what makes our people the foundation of our success. We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. If you are the best in your field, we’d like to hear from you.
Working closely with sales, ad ops, product, design and development teams, the Senior Ad Product and Technology Specialist will facilitate the successful integration of new ad formats, technologies and products across all Globe and Mail digital platforms.
- Work directly with our product and tech teams to QA and implement ad product solutions.
- Develop workback schedules and requirements for advertising initiatives.
- Write user stories, provide requirements and attend grooming sessions with development team for advertising related initiatives.
- Troubleshoot creative issues and provide solutions.
- Liaise with vendors to develop relationships with partners and maintain a positive presence in the community on contracts assigned.
- Oversee traffic team and ensure ads meet technical and creative requirements. Help to manage, test and traffic creative for upcoming campaigns.
- Provide technical support to all internal teams, publishers, agencies, clients as needed.
- Be the advertising tech resource / expert for all internal groups. Ensuring The Globe and Mail digital ad specifications, policy and guidelines are current and communicated to all internal teams.
- Develop effective and user-friendly creative templates.
- Brainstorm ad solutions with product and digital teams.
- University or College Degree related to Technical System Design.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in a similar role.
- Management of ad delivery system.
- Must be able to respond under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to respond to changing focus and multi task under a heavy work load.
- Knowledge of browser developer tools – such as Google Chrome dev tools, Firefox dev tools, Charles web debugging proxy, Fiddler debugging proxy.
- Ability to write code and to design systems and maximize profitability on a daily basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge with tracking and project management tools – such as JIRA.
- Experience with ad serving platforms – such as GAM, DV360, Sizmek, Celtra,
- Experience coordinating with ad technology vendors such as MOAT, Slimcut, Nativo, Dianomi, Ad Validation.
- Proven strength in interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Familiarity serving ads cross platform, mobile phone and tablet devices – mobi web and app.
All offers of employment with The Globe and Mail are conditional upon the candidate being Fully Vaccinated. To be Fully Vaccinated is defined as someone who has received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada (currently Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen) and has received the last dose at least 14 days prior to their start date. To prove they are Fully Vaccinated, all new hires will be required to provide evidence by emailing a copy of their vaccine dose administration receipt(s) to Human Resources prior to their start date. Those seeking exemption based on one or more of the protected grounds in the Human Rights Code will need to provide their request for accommodation to Human Resources for approval. If the accommodation request is not approved and the candidate is not Fully Vaccinated, any offer of employment will be revoked.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.